UCI Transportation is proud to offer the League of American Bicyclist’s Bike Friendly Driver course, an ongoing program that aims to educate both drivers and bicyclists on the best and safest ways to share the road. In this course, you will learn important information and skills including:
- Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
- What's legal and what's not legal, for both motorists and bicyclists
- Common crashes and how to avoid them
- Why bicyclists "take the lane" and what motorists should do in response
- How to navigate bicycle-related infrastructure such as: sharrows, bike boxes, and green lanes.
Those who complete the curriculum may take a quiz to become a Bike Friendly Driver and receive a certificate!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
Complete the Bike Friendly Driver Exam
Completed the online session? Complete the exam to test your knowledge and receive a potential certificate!