There are 4 good reasons to register your bike:
- Deterrent to theft - Having your bike's serial number on file makes it much harder to resell.
- Proof of ownership - Parking can cut your bike lock if you forget your lock combo or lose your key.
- Contact prior to impound - If you leave your bike parked for an extended period of time we can attempt to contact you prior to putting the bike into salvage.
- Recovery if stolen - If your bike is lost or stolen, having it registered gives you a chance that it might be returned to you if located.
Bicycle Registration at UC Irvine
Bicycles can be registered at three locations on UCI's main campus.
- Transportation and Distribution Services-located on the second floor of the public services building
- Event Services-located in the Student Center Parking Structure
- UCI Police Department-located on the first floor of the public services building
Registration is free and lasts forever (or until transfer of ownership). Please bring your bike and UCI ID. For operating hours, please call (949) 824-7620.